Friday, April 17, 2009

A Rainy, Stormy Thundering Friday In Texas

That's the view from my computer room window this morning. It's looking like a typical Pacific Northwest winter day out there. But this is April in Texas. I should be seeing clear blue sky.

The rain is falling northwest style. Slow. Not the heavy Texas downpour style rain I've grown to like. If we have a few days in a row like this I fear I will slip once more into a very SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder) state.

Obviously there will be no biking or hiking by me today. But I did get in my early morning swim. I like swimming in the rain. There was no thunder booming at that point in time. I don't think I'd like being in the pool with lightning flashing over head.

The storm arrived much later than predicted, so I was able to watch Survivor without it being interrupted by annoying Bad Weather Reports.

Thunder has been booming off and on for several hours. One lightning flash was so bright I was momentarily a bit blinded. Maybe it was the simultaneous LOUD BOOM that got my eyeballs vibrating and not the flash.

I'm being perplexed by a Blog Stalker from Tyler, Texas. Tyler keeps going back and forth from this blog to another blog. Why? We do not know. This has been going on for days.

No comments: