Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not Catching Swine Flu in Texas

I don't know if we've had any confirmed Swine Flu cases here in Tarrant County, but I do know Dallas County has had 3 confirmed cases, which has closed one school and has people in a bit of a panic.

I have not been sick in a long time. I can't remember when I was last sick or what I was sick from.

But, I do remember having the flu way back in the early 1990s and it being, by far, the sickest, most miserable I've ever been. That particular flu bout happened while there was no epidemic going on. I knew no one else who had it that I could have caught it from.

So, I don't want to catch this Swine Flu thing. I guess that means avoiding any buffet lines, using the disinfectant tissues that are at the entry to most grocery stores, except for Wal-Mart. I guess for the duration Wal-Mart is to be avoided. That's probably always a good idea for people with weak immune systems. I suppose I should keep my distance from most humans til the danger passes.

In the meantime I'm having pork for lunch.

1 comment:

cd0103 said...

There was a suspected (possibly now confirmed) case at McClean Middle School here in FW. Let me see if I can find the link.