Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Next Week: Main Street Fort Worth Arts Festival

In 9 days the Main Street Fort Worth Arts Festival starts up. Of the festivals I've been to, in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, this one has been the best, in my opinion. It's huge, it attracts a lot of people, it has 3 music/performance stages, it has a lot of food options (although you have to buy coupons to buy food, American currency is not accepted) and it has an incredible variety of art from all over America.

I'm hoping to go this year. Earlier in the year I had hoped to go to the Fort Worth Stock Show Parade, but that didn't work out. One more hope, I hope the weather, April 16 through 19, is as perfect as today. That would be a real good thing. The last time I went to the Main Street Fort Worth Arts Festival it was overcast, hot and very very muggy. Not a good thing.

If I remember right an incoming storm wreaked havoc with last year's Main Street Festival. Or was that the year before. Time flies.

No comments: