Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Don't Mess With Texas Women

Now, that is a warning well heeded. Do Not Mess with Texas Women. A lot of them are packing heat or at least pepper spray.

I know of one Texas Woman who decided she'd had enough of Tarrant County having no newspaper covering a lot of issues or points of view that needed airing. And so the Lone Star Telegraph was born.

It was while driving into River Legacy Park today that I found myself following this particular not to be messed with Texas woman. So, when I got my new bike out of my new van, I knew I had to pedal back to where she'd parked, to get a picture, hopefully before she accused me of messing with her with the picture taking.

Currently a cabal of Not to be Messed with Texas Women are working to fix all sorts of things, like eminent domain abuse, out of control gas drilling and piping, un-fixed flooding problems and an overall system corrupted by being run by a good ol' boy network that installs a Ruling Junta that decides things like destroying the convergence of 2 forks, West and Clear, of the Trinity River, to build a little lake, some canals and a flood diversion channel. All decided by the Ruling Junta without the good citizens of Fort Worth being allowed to vote on the project that many think will likely end up being yet one more Fort Worth boondoggle, boondoggles that might not have happened had the public had input in the form of being able to vote for the boondoggle.

Anyway, here's hoping the not to be Messed with Texas Women have great success.

No comments: