Tuesday, March 3, 2009

World's Biggest Butt: Part III---The Hunt In Texas

Sometime ago I was at my nearby Wal-Mart Super Center. As I took a turn onto a different aisle I found myself looking at the biggest butt I'd ever seen. It was astonishing.

So, I blogged about it. I've mentioned before that I'm amazed at how many people from all over the world are looking for information and pictures of the World's Biggest Butt. Every single day.

Look at my FeedJit stats and you'll see what I mean. Sometimes the number is real high, as if there is a meeting of the Big Butts Fan Club and they are all Googling "world's biggest butt" at the same time.

And for some reason my blog is about #3 on the list.

I have developed a new habit of always having my camera with me. I'm having about a 95% rate of not forgetting it. If I come across that astoundingly big butt at Wal-Mart again, I want to be able to photo-document it for all those world-wide who are looking to see such a phenomenon.

I think I've mentioned before that I find the obesity epidemic to be troubling and perplexing. I don't think enough resources are put into finding out why people do this to themselves. Someone commented on one of my bloggings that it is as if the person has put himself into a jail cell made of their own body.

I like that jail cells analogy. So many overstuffed fat cells that your own body imprisons you. It's like being permanently tethered to 300 pounds, or more, of ball and chain.

One thing I have made note of, and found, well, disgusting, is if you are (un)fortunate enough to spend enough time with an obese person to observe their feeding habits, it quickly becomes clear how they end up being heavier each day than the day before.

It is like there are no brakes on the food shoveling. I've seen an obese person order tartar sauce to dip french fries in, and then lick the tartar sauce container dry. When you watch an obese person, during their feeding period, it's clear one of the problems is caused by how they speed up the amount of food they shove in their mouth. It's like feeding a wood chipper, complete with noisy sounds. The mouth is busy chomping, while the hands are getting ready the next deposit into the food disposal.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to Wal-Mart today, both to buy a couple things. And to do some Big Butt Photo Hunting.

No comments: