Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Sun Has Returned To Texas, But Not To Napoleon

That's my computer room view, this Sunday afternoon coming up on 4.

After what has seemed like weeks of gloom and doom in the form of gray sky, cold air. And rain. The gray is gone, the sky is clear and we hit 65 today.

I see swimming in my future, in the morning, as my SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder) symptoms begin to slowly evaporate.

With temperatures in the 70s my favorite trails should dry out fairly quickly. We got none of that catastrophic type flooding, this bad weather bout, that can close parks and trails for long periods.

During lunch I watched Napoleon's disastrous invasion of the Russian Empire that ended quite badly with his troops freezing in the horrendous Winter of 1812, made extra cold, we know now, due to several volcanoes spewing enough ash to block enough sun to cause global cooling.

So, I guess it could be a lot worse and I probably should count my blessings and whine less about a couple gray days and a little rain blotting the usually clear Texas sky.

No comments: