Monday, March 9, 2009

My Fort Worth History Expertise

It looks like I'm all about Public Service Announcements today.

A few days ago I got an email from Alan Small of the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History asking for my possible help in locating resources to help with a program he is running. He is looking for experts on the history and culture of Fort Worth and Tarrant County.

Now, I don't think I'd be the go to guy for anyone wanting information about Fort Worth's culture. Although I did make a webpage about Fort Worth's "Cultural District."

I wonder why there is not sufficient history about the history of Fort Worth in the Fort Worth History Museum to help the students deepen their understanding of local history?

I'll copy the message from Alan Small below. If anyone can help him, make a comment and I'll forward the message. Or you could just email Mr. Small directly.

Hello my name is Alan Small with the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History's Community Studios program. We have high school students in our program who are working on a project involving the history and culture of Fort Worth. I am looking for experts on the history and/or culture of Fort Worth and Tarrant County who would like to speak to our kids, as well as locations where our students could visit to deepen their understanding of local history. Do you know of any such resources? Thank you for your time.

Alan Small

No comments: