Monday, March 16, 2009

Lap Band: Weight Loss For Life...

In some parts of America billboards are not allowed. That is not the case in Texas. I see 2 billboards that catch my eye between where I am right now and Tandy Hills Park.

Today I took a picture of one of them.

Dr. Kim has been a Lap Band Expert since 2002. That doesn't seem like a long time to me. Dr. Kim has a nice website where you can learn all about him, watch videos and learn all you might want to know about bariatric surgery.

I think the Lap Band procedure is the one where your stomach is squeezed by the band, making it way smaller, so you can't eat as much pie, as you pre-surgery could, without feeling very stuffed. I guess I could spend more than 2 seconds at Dr. Kim's website if I wanted to know for sure what the Lap Band procedure is.

What I do know for sure I don't know why anyone would want to have such a thing done to their stomach. Just stop eating so much. Okay, I know that's easy to say, might be hard to do. But I've seen hugely obese people up close and have observed their behavior and feeding patterns. All the hugely obese people I've known have been very self-indulgent with very little self-discipline.

They just can't say no to that second box of cookies or that second quart of ice cream. Or that stray donut or two that passes within their reach. It would be a sad, hard thing to live with, being trapped in a jail cell of your own making.

I wonder how much the Lap Band procedure costs? It probably pays for itself due to the Obese Person's reduced Feeding Costs. Feeding an Obese Person is extremely expensive. I don't know how buffets afford to have them as customers.

1 comment:

Dandury Gastric Bypass said...

I agree lap band surgery proved to be a life saving phenomenon for many people including my friend. His weight was 450 pounds and he had some serious health concerns due to this. He decided to go for lap band surgery and he lost 180 pounds with in two years after the surgery.