Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Flood Of Fresh Texas Organic Eggs

I tell you, things are being strange here this wintry day in Texas. I'd barely finished blogging about organic cigarettes, vodka and apples when there was a knock on my door.

It was neighbor Lou. I don't believe I've mentioned neighbor Lou before. Lou has chickens. Of the egg laying sort.

That bout of warm weather, we had going, that had me back in the swimming pool and color starting to sprout out, has come to a rude, abrupt end.

But the warm weather stimulated Lou's hens to go into an egg-laying frenzy. Make that an Organic Egg Laying frenzy. So, now I have 4 dozen Organic Eggs in addition to my Organic Red Delicious Apples.

All the shades of brown of those 48 eggs is a pretty nice color scheme. Have I mentioned before that brown is known as my signature color? I learned this long ago when a nurse I called the Fat Lady said to me "brown is your signature color." And so it is.

No comments: