Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Wildflower Blooms in the Tandy Hills

We've had a few days of peace since last week's deluge muddied things in my zone of Texas. I thought maybe it'd dried up enough that the Tandy Hills might be hikeable.

It was, for the most part.

A new wildflower had sprouted since my last visit. Another purple one. Something about it didn't look like a native Texas Wildflower somehow.

The creeks in the Tandy Hills were all running water, nice and clear water. Some of which was running over Tandy Falls, almost enough to make a mini-Niagara type roar.

It is nice to be able to be outside again and not get wet and cold. My sad case of SAD (Seasonally Affected Disorder) has almost completely vanished.

2 comments:

twister said...

That there is a big bud. A big Iris bud, I believe.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! You really don't know flowers do you?