Monday, February 9, 2009

Village Creek & Kitchen Injury

That's a leafless oak tree at Village Creek Natural Historical Area, today, about noon. It rained last night, but not hard, so Village Creek was just a little higher than usual. When we have downpours, Village Creek often floods, causing the park to be closed til the water goes down.

I thought due to the rain and the warm temperatures that there would be an army of armadilloes out busy trying to root out something to eat. But I did not see a single one of the cute little beasts.

When Village Creek floods it goes over the dam/bridge you see in the photo. The rapids can get quite wild. Sometimes after a good flood a lot of garfish and water moccasins are flushed out of Lake Arlington and you'll see them by the dam/bridge. I saw none today.

Snow is in the forecast in the Northwest, or so I have been told. Here in the South, in North Texas, I've got my windows open and it's in the sultry low 70s.

I made Lemon/Orange Peanut Pork with Green Peppers, Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Carrot, Celery, Broccoli & Cilantro over Sesame Brown Rice for lunch. It was tasty. But somehow during the cutting up vegetables process I suddenly saw a lot of blood on the counter top. I didn't know where it was coming from. And then I saw it gushing from one of my fingers. I have no idea how I poked a hole in my finger, it didn't hurt, I felt nothing. I had to go find a bandage to get the bleeding to stop.

I'm outta here, heading to the library to do some research. I'll be back soon. If I'm seeming a bit scatter-brained, please keep in mind I've had some serious blood loss.

No comments: