Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Neighborhood Monster Has Returned

I was up in Southlake today. When I got back here I saw that an old neighbor had returned. An unwelcome neighbor who was real messy and made a lot of noise, that being a Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale gas drilling operation.

I don't know why they are back. The tower is slamming something into the ground. A guy was halfway up the tower. I'd not seen that before. Whatever they were doing it was making that annoying high pitched squealing noise.

And in one of those fortuitous type coincidences that happen with regularity, just when I took the drilling rig picture off my camera, I saw an incoming email from Don Young pointing to fresh information and research about the environmental and health impacts of all this ground poking going on in this highly populated urban zone.

Who do you trust to tell you the truth about gas drilling impacts on human health?

The Big Gas & Oil propaganda machine or a well respected doctor who did her homework?

Dr. Theo Colborn's research into fracking chemicals and their impact on human health are in direct conflict with the gas drilling industry lies. Her updated website is a must-read.

Be sure and check out the, "What's New" section. If you are an expectant parent or the parent of young children, this info is very important, especially, if you live in the Barnett Shale or other oil/gas production areas:

Another must-read on the site is the Fossil Fuel Connection.

No comments: