Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday at Tandy Hills With a New Camera

That's downtown Fort Wort in the picture. Looking west from the Tandy Hills. As I was taking pictures a jogger zoomed by. You don't often see joggers in the Tandy Hills.

Today is the first day I've used my new camera outside. Yesterday (Sunday) hours were spent, by me, trying to figure it out. There is just way too much going on for this Senior Citizen's deteriorating thought powers to absorb.

Just deleting photos was confusing. My computer card reader recognized the media card, but wouldn't cooperate with it, so I had to leave the memory card on the camera. It was so easy to delete pictures with my old, now dead, camera.

And then I remembered my previous lesson learned regarding new electronic products that require a computer program to make them work. And that lesson is don't use the program that comes with the products. Use ones I already have or that are built into Windows. As in Windows Moviemaker works way better than the clunky program that came with my camcorder.

About 4 in the afternoon, yesterday, I found that Windows Camera/Scanner Wizard made taking the pictures off the camera and deleting them totally simple. After that I figured out the video part of the camera and I slowly quit thinking about taking it back and getting something less challenging, more geared toward the elderly.

The water was running very clear in the Tandy Hills Creek, but it was not running enough water to make much of a waterfall at the Tandy Hills Waterfall.

I guess I'm happy now with the new camera. These type things always take awhile to get used to.

I'm out of here in a bit, heading to River Legacy Park to ride my bike to check out the state of damage there. Yesterday, I got an email from a guy named Jeff, as appalled as I was at what is being done at River Legacy. More dirty dealings with no public input. I'll see if I can get some good pictures. I've not been there in maybe 2 months.

I'll likely return here full of righteous umbrage. Speaking of righteous umbrage, I just got email from Don Young with a good dose of righteousness. I'll hit the publish button and then blog about Don Young's latest.

No comments: