Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Dogs Of Tandy Hills, A Restored Shrine & Purple Wildflowers

I saw my first wildflower of the year, this morning while jogging on the Tandy Hills. I don't know what the name of the purple wildflower is. I've not yet seen one of the shy Trout Lilies that are also currently blooming.

It's another gray day in North Texas, but not a cold, gray day.

I had some good wild excitement while communing with nature this morning. I came over the crest of a hill to see 3 big dogs. When they saw me they started barking and running towards me. I took off at high speed in the opposite direction. I think I moved faster than when I thought a water moccasin was chasing me in Lake Grapevine.

I hope the dog incident does not cause a scary nightmare like what happened when I was chased by dogs at Oakland Lake Park. That night the dogs reappeared in dream form, which quickly turned nightmarish when the 6 dogs morphed into 6 hugely obese, extremely ugly, hideous fat women trying to bite me with their big mouths. I still shudder when I think of it.

I thought today seemed like a good day to rebuild the Tandy Hills Shrine. It'd been destroyed by Shrine Vandals a couple months ago. I did not rebuild the Shrine as artfully as the original. I was in a hurry. So, pretty much all I did was take the Shrine Materials out of the grass and put them back on the trail.

I saw a very odd sign by the Tandy Hills Shrine. I'm sure it has always been there, but I never noticed it before. Why? I do not know. I've been at this location dozens of times. I must not be very observant.

The sign warned "NO DRIVING OFF ROADWAY." The problem with that is there is no roadway to drive off. The sign didn't look all that old, so it's not like a long time ago there actually was a road requiring this now pointless sign. It's perplexing. There are a lot of mysteries in the Tandy Hills.

None of which I solved today. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

twister said...

You should start carrying a collapsible baton for protection from four legged and or two legged animals out to do you harm.