Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Clucking the Ducks at Oakland Lake Park

I'm on Day 2 of my self-supervised Detox program. I am already seeing benefits. As in last night I did not suffer a bout of insomnia. The Chinese Herbal Cure I mentioned yesterday seems to be working. For now.

Like my one time longtime reader, someone, somewhere, out there, can tolerate reading what I write, enough to ask me to write for their new enterprise. I shall keep you posted as to the details of that, if it comes to any sort of fruition.

I was stuck in here, staring at my computer screen, for the most part, til a bit before 3 when I escaped to walk around Oakland Lake Park. In a few months I'll be seeing a lot of turtles there, I thought I might see some today out sunning themselves. But I didn't.

But, I did see a lot of ducks. Usually they are in the water, where ducks belong. Or in the air. But instead, a whole big flock of ducks was out of the water, across the paved trail and halfway up the hill to the parking lot. I don't know what they were thinking. They appeared to be busy getting stuff off the ground. Someone must have thrown out a lot of duck food.

The ducks let me get pretty close. Somehow, I've got my new camera set to make a dog bark noise when the shutter snaps. I find that annoying, but like that orchestra that plays when my cell phone rings, I don't know how to make the barking or the symphony stop.

When I got too close and my camera dog barked, the flock of ducks took off, all at once, right over head. I was afraid the same falling projectile problem that occurs if you are under a flock of seagulls, early after take off, would occur. I shielded myself as best I could, but no duck poop was spotted.

The flock of ducks didn't fly too far, just out to the lake. I walked towards them and took more pictures, using the zoom, so as not to startle them with a barking dog.

I talked to my sister in Phoenix while I walked around Oakland Lake. Ginger and Mark are visiting from Marysville. That is a town north of Seattle. Seattle is in Washington. Ginger and my sister were out by the pool. Ginger was getting a sunburn. It's in the 80s in Phoenix. It's almost 60 here. I am not out at the pool. I do have the windows open though. It felt warm in here.

I see Fry's Electronics and Sweet Tomatoes restaurant in my future for tomorrow.

No comments: