Monday, December 8, 2008

Urgent: It Will Be Windy Today In Texas

When I woke up my computer this morning I was greeted by a flashing WeatherBug telling me that an urgent message had been issued by the National Weather Service out of Fort Worth advising that it will be windy today.

Here's the dire warning....

Urgent - Weather Message National Weather Service Fort Worth TX 400 AM CST Mon Dec 8 2008

... Wind Advisory In Effect Today From 8 AM To 8 PM CST...

.A Deepening Low Pressure System In The Texas Panhandle Will Tighten The Pressure Gradient Across North Texas Today. In Addition... Stronger Winds Aloft Will Mix Down To The Surface. This Will Result In Southerly Winds Increasing To 20 To 30 Mph With Gusts To 35 Mph. The Advisory Area Is Generally West Of A Paris..To Canton... To Hearne Line.

I would hazard to guess that today the windmills at the windfarms out in West Texas will be spinning hard and putting a lot of power into the grid.

Speaking of weather, it has not been below 50 here since sometime before noon, yesterday. This should make the pool a bit warmer. I'll know for sure in about a half hour. I hope it isn't windy. The windchill factor is even more chilly when you are in chilly water.

No comments: