Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Politically Incorrect Tuesday In Texas With Ice

Yes. That is an ice cube. It got down to 29 last night. I had a horrible nightmare last night. Yes, I know I mentioned that in a previous blog. But it traumatized me, so I'm repeating it. I was wakened by GIANT UGLY FAT WOMEN trying to eat me.

Due to the attack of the GIANT UGLY FAT WOMEN, I came upon a couple very, well, politically incorrect, yet amusing, or so it seems to me, somewhat on target, websites targeting American Women.

Both seem to believe their American Women attributes apply universally to all American Women. That seems harsh. But some of it sure applied to some of the more disturbing American Women I've experienced behaving badly. I'll try and muster the energy to copy and paste some of it.

So, I've been up since 3am. I did not seem to suffer any withdrawal symptoms from not having a newspaper to read this morning.

Yesterday I got myself a bunch of books to read instead of reading too many details of each day's little bits of life's traumas.

I got Bob Woodward's new book The War Within. I found his State of Denial to be shocking. This new book covers the next 2 years of Bush's inept presidency. Speaking of George W., I also got Molly Ivins' SHRUB. She is one very funny lady. When she died it left one huge hole in the already holey Fort Worth Star-Telegram. I got a funny book about this state I'm living in called Texas Curiosities. I've found some good stuff in there. Then I got a couple true crime books, one titled Shattered Hopes, the other The Serpent's Tooth.

It was barely above freezing when I went down to the pool this morning. I was shivering before I got near the water. I lasted less than 2 minutes.

No comments: