Monday, December 8, 2008

Oakland Lake Park's Birds & Trees

I stubbed a toe getting out of the hot tub this morning. It is now the same color as the tree you see on the left. The tree is at Oakland Lake Park. I went there to see if I could walk off the pain in my foot. I think walking made it worse.

My one reader may remember that it was at Oakland Lake Park, last week, that I was chased by a pack of wild dogs. That night a nightmare morphed those wild dogs into 6 UGLY FAT WOMEN running after me, looking for dinner. This turned into a 3 day bout of insomnia.

I saw no dogs today except for a hyper dachshund that ran towards me, barking. I don't think I'll have a nightmare about that attack. I hope.

I saw the mutant Goose/Turkey aka Gurkey today. It was still being shunned by the other birds who all flock together. The other birds are very fidgety when you try to get close for a photo, but not the Gurkey. It acts like it hopes you'll let it join your flock.

Among all the extremely colorful trees was one very odd one. My photo skills and crummy camera do not do it justice. The tree has all these deep red berries attached to equally red little limbs stuck to bigger limbs that are not red. It looked artificial, like a big red plastic tree.

Right now it is very windy and in the 70s. The next couple days it is supposed to get below freezing. The colorful trees are likely coming to an end. Could my early morning swimming be coming to an end as well? I doubt it.

No comments: