Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Deep Freeze Stops Fort Worth Swimming

It has not been above freezing here in Fort Worth, Texas for well over 24 hours. It got to 22 last night. Up to 25, right now, at about an hour before noon.

It had been my intention to test the pool this morning. My usual pattern is to step outside to where I leave my wet swimming suit and wet towel to dry, then come in here and put on the swimming suit.

But this morning the swimming suit is frozen into a big red ball, frozen stuck. I couldn't budge it to take it in here to thaw. I've got a back-up swimming suit, a black one, but it's nowhere to be found. I don't know how it has managed to come up missing. I suspect some nefarious evil-doer is trying to sabotage my swimming efforts.

Our forecast does not have us getting above freezing until tomorrow.

Meanwhile up in my old location, that being the Puget Sound region of the Pacific Northwest, they are having record breaking lows, colder than here. With snow.

When does this global warming thing we hear so much about kick in?

No comments: