Saturday, October 4, 2008

Washington Mutual Meltdown Continues

Washington Mutual continues to cause me problems. If you've been following my pain, on the 19th of last month checks were deposited. I received a letter October 2 from Washington Mutual advising me that the funds deposited the 19th were available the 23rd.

The day after the 23rd WaMu bounced a check, saying there were insufficient funds to cover it. My local branch saw this was in error and that they would take care of any costs incurred.

Yesterday, October 4, I got another letter from WaMu, this one dated September 29 and telling me that they'd returned yet one more check, this one for $350.00, returned on the 26th, 3 days after their previous letter that told me the deposited funds were available.

In the latest letter WaMu makes this gem of a statement, "At the time we created this notice (which is later than when these transactions were processed) your available balance was $2,298.05. You must immediately make a deposit to cover any negative balance."

How can they do this to people? I'm not alone. There is a website called Washington Mutual Sucks. In the past month that websites number of visitors has soared. I wonder why?

2 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

Why don't you move your money? I hear the interest the bedsprings are paying is better than a CD.

missed seeing you in TX. you have 6 months to get your act together before our next return.
ox lulu

Durango said...

I missed being seen in TX. I've been trying to get my act together all my life. I don't know if another 6 months will accomplish that goal. But I'll try.