Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Washington Mutual Deserved to Die

Well, by this morning WaMu had credited their erroneous fee that I whined about yesterday. But their customer service person, Eric, never called back to explain what caused their mistake, which he said he would, after he looked into it an talked to his manager.

Do I get to charge WaMu a fee for wasting my time?

I hadn't paid any attention to Big Ed's WaMu nightmare that occurred when I was up in WaMu's home state of Washington. And might I add, I'm embarrassed now that WaMu is associated with Seattle and my former state. Washington businesses, from Starbucks to Costco to Nordstroms are known for their great customer service. I don't know what happened to WaMu.

WaMu arrived in Texas about the same time I did. Maybe it was Texas that ruined them.

So, at the end of July Big Ed opened a WaMu account, making an initial deposit of $1000 with a check from a Fortune 500 company. Big Ed was given the usual counter checks to use til his new debit card and checks arrived.

But, Wal-Mart and other wouldn't take the WaMu checks. 12 days after opening the account Big Ed wanted to get cash, he was near the WaMu bank where he'd opened the account. So, he went there. They wouldn't give him any of his money. They told him it would be available the next day.

Then his new checks and debit card finally arrived. With the wrong address on them. So, now it was another wait to get the corrected card and checks.

So, I Googled "Customer Complaints about WaMu" and found a flood of them. Many within just the past week or so, with complaints like mine. What WaMu has done to others makes my little problem with them, or even Big Ed's look like nothing.

Go here and read what WaMu has done to some of its customers lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blogs. Thanks informing us on one of many unorganized...companies.
I received two dozen plis pushy envelopes from Waaaa-Mooooooo. Chucked um. Shoulda returned to sender. Recon they were trying to recruit new customers?
So despise banks. Their all rich crooks!

@li