Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tonight's Debate Among Other Annoyances

I'm not in the mood to blog about anything. Usually I've got too much I'm in the mood to blog about. But not this morning. Maybe my blah mood is due to a bad dream last night. Maybe it's due to being nervous because the financial meltdown seems to be getting worse. I'm still cranky at Washington Mutual and their bad banking practices.

I only made it through half an hour of Dancing With The Stars last night. I got bored and then I got sleepy. I'm sure I'll try and watch tonight's debate. It's likely McCain, in desperation, is going to be all Mr. Fiesty Pants, accusing Obama of cohorting with terrorists who did bad deeds when Obama was only 7 and living in Hawaii. If the debate turns ugly at least it will likely hold my interest and keep me wake. Appalled, disgusted and awake.

My bad nightmare last night was very very unsettling. I'd blogged yesterday about my aversion to Christmas and family holiday get-togethers. So, last night my nightmare had me up in Lynden at the annual combo Christmas/Birthday party for my long gone Grandma. Well, in the nightmare there was Grandma. It was like I was living it in 3-D. I was glad to see Grandma. I actually sort of enjoyed those times at times. The gift exchange was usually amusing.

And then after I visited Grandma my nightmare turned macabre. My long gone Uncle Ivan, who I really did not know all that well, was there, not looking good. And then I turned to my left and there was Uncle Mel. Uncle Mel has been fighting a battle against prostate cancer for years now. It's a battle he's been gradually losing.

I last saw Uncle Mel at my nephew Jason's wedding in April of 2006. When I turned to look at him Uncle Mel had tears in his eyes and said "I'm so glad I got to see you again." And then he faded away. I woke up instantly, very unsettled and I've been unsettled all morning.

To take my mind off of all my annoyances I have been making webpages like a maniac this morning. Adding all sortsa content to my Eyes on Texas website. That thing is getting way too big. If only I'd designed the original layout with the eventual size in mind, things would be so much easier. But it's like a bad house that someone keeps putting add-ons on til it's like a patchwork of cobbled together messiness, that's perfectly livable, but really could have been done way better. I guess it's not so bad, only I can see the mess, the viewer, not so much.

We are under a high wind alert all day here in North Texas. It's only 66 out there with an hour or so to go til noon. Brrrr. No swimming this morning. It was time to shock the pool. That's pool maintenance talk meaning chemicals had to be mixed in to keep the water all nice and clean.

No comments: