Saturday, October 18, 2008

An October Saturday in Texas

I did my regular early morning swim. The temperature got down to 51 overnight. Coldest yet. And yet I swam for almost a half hour.

This morning I see Gar the Texan rudely blogged about me rudely blogging about my obsession over the obesity epidemic. He used an amusing video to illustrate whatever point he thought he was making.

I'm going to be at Rockledge Park on Lake Grapevine by noon or so today. If you want to go hiking with me, that's where I'll be. I may take my video camcorder along, so you can be in a movie if you show up. The last time I took my camcorder to Rockledge I messed up most of what I thought I was videoing, due to getting the off and on buttons reversed. So, I ended up with an awful lot of video of jerky images of the ground I was walking over.

Before going to Rockledge I'm going to Costco to have free samples for lunch and to buy a pizza to picnic with after hiking.

After I'm done with Rockledge I'm going to my favorite grocery store, Sprouts Farmers Market to get some fruits, vegetables and grain products. Sprouts always has good coffee to sample. Among other things.

Below is the previous video I made of Rockledge Park on Lake Grapevine....

No comments: