Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New York Post Admits It Was Wrong About Michelle Obama's Lobster Binge

The gossip mongers on the Internet, including myself, have been abuzz over what Michelle Obama was alleged to have ordered from room service while at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City last Wednesday, that being October 15.

The same day that I blogged about this I got a comment telling me that Mrs. Obama was in Fort Wayne, Indiana on the day she was supposedly gorging on lobster in NYC.

Every more desperate Republican Bad Boys have been making a big deal out of this supposed proof of Obama's elitism that never took place.

And now the original source of the lobster rumor, the New York Post, has printed a retraction on their "Page Six" page, saying....

ROOM DISSERVICE

THE source who told us last week about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviar delivered to her room at the Waldorf-Astoria must have been under the influence of a mind-altering drug. She was not even staying at the Waldorf. We regret the mistake, and our former source is going to regret it, too. Bread and water would be too good for such disinformation.

Almost every other hit on my blog that past 5 days has been from someone Googling some variation of "Michele Obama Lobster Waldorf." I think the damage has been done and a retraction does not undo it. And Republicans, like Rush Limbaugh, from whom I first heard the Lobster Lie, should be ashamed of themselves. Unless they now tell the truth about the lobster.

Lately Rush Limbaugh's overly strident partisaning, to coin a word, has not been funny or pleasant to listen to. So, I doubt I'll hear him retract the Lobster Lie, if he does, which I doubt he will.

All this lobster talk has me thinking I'd like to go to Zorro's Buffet on Friday. That's seafood day at the biggest buffet in Texas.

No comments: