Friday, October 17, 2008

Michelle Obama Really Likes Lobster

I'd not listened to Rush Limbaugh in quite some time. But today I did whilst roller blading.

Speaking of roller blading. I ran over a snake today. It was a little one, slithering fast out onto the warm cement and under my blades before I could avoid him. I looked back to see the snake sort of jerking around. I expected to find it deceased on my way back. But there was no snake corpse to be seen. So it must have survived its run-in with me.

So, back to Rush Limbaugh. He seems to be harping on Obama being an elitist. Somehow Joe the Plumber got mixed in. I'm not getting the Joe the Plumber thing.

Somehow John and Elizabeth Edwards going out on their anniversary to a Wendy's with John Kerry and his wife got churned into the ranting. Something about Teresa Heinz looking at a picture of a bowl of chili, asking what it was and then asking if she could have a bowl. While John Kerry marvelled over a chocolate Frosty. According to Limbaugh, after a half hour of photo-opping the Edward's and Kerry's got on a bus where they ate a real meal from some country club.

I somehow thought this Wendy's thing had just happened, but no, this was way back during the last election. This story was somehow supposed to illustrate how elitist and phony liberals are. Or something like that.

Limbaugh's other example of democrat liberal elitism did just happen. As in on Wednesday October 15 the Obama's were in New York City. While Mr. Obama had a meeting somewhere in the Waldorf-Astoria, at 4 pm Mrs. Obama called up room service and ordered a platter of lobster hors d'oeuvres, 2 whole steamed lobsters, Iranian caviar. And champagne.

Did she eat all this herself? Isn't 4 in the afternoon in the middle of the week a tad bit early to get into ones cups? Iranian caviar? That stuff is expensive. I'm thinking Mrs. O is gonna make a very interesting First Lady.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle Obama held a rally in Fort Wayne Indiana at 1pm on Wednesday....she wasn't even at the Waldorf when she was "ordering" lobster etc.

Anonymous said...

It was wrong -- the New York Post's page six printed this today:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10212008/gossip/pagesix/room_disservice_134490.htm