Friday, October 10, 2008

Lulu's Earnest Inquiry Regarding the State of my Shrinkage

Yesterday I blogged about continuing to swim, despite the water getting ever closer to freezing. I swam this morning just as the sun was rising. At midnight we were at 65 here. When I went swimming it was 59.

In a comment regarding yesterday's cold swim, one of my favorite Georgia Peaches, Miss Lulu asked...

"Do you ever experience "shrinkage"? Too personal I acknowledge, but inquiring minds..."

Well, thank you very much for your concern, Miss Lulu. I know there was some worrying out there that I was continuing to lose weight. And that swimming in icy water was a huge calorie burner, likely exacerbating the problem.

I am happy to report that my weight loss problem has stabilized. I've come back a few pounds from the low that threatened to take me below the 160 zone. I fixed the problem by making myself eat more.

Oh. A second glance at Miss Lulu's comments makes me wonder if it was not the Big Me she was concerned about shrinking, but the Little Me.

I guess I can speak to that serious issue as well as my overall shrinkage. I think when first introduced to ultra cold water Little Me did not like it at all and tried to hide. But day after day of this aversion therapy seems to have caused Little Me to buck up and take the cold like a man. And, what little retreating the Little Guy still does, he quickly recovers as soon as he senses he's in a warm safe place. Like the shower.

I hope that answers your question Miss Lulu. If you'd like photo documentation for your research it can be provided.

3 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

Well I guess that's why the market might be finally finding it's bottom this a.m. and will start moving up again.
ox lulu

Durango said...

I must say, that is a very apt analogy, Miss Lulu. The market has shrunk from the initial shock. But because the underlying potency of the market is still there it will rebound and be bigger than ever.

Lauri Evans said...

One can always hope...
xu lulu