Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Getting Rid Of Charter Communications

If all goes well, by later today I should be able to report that I am rid of Charter Communications and that my new AT & T U-verse Internet and TV cable system is working.

Charter annoyed its customers across the country in July when they arbitrarily moved several popular channels, like TCM and Bravo to new locations not accessible without some sort of converter.

Calling Charter about the missing channels got you to some foreign land where gibberish was spoken and the call quickly became an attempt to sell Charter phone service.

Last week to compound the aggravation Charter had the gall to send a letter detailing a price increase! Lesser service now at a greater price.

With this AT & T U-verse thing I get a DVR, whatever that is, that can record 4 channels at once. I can't imagine having 4 things on TV at the same time that I'd want to watch. And I'll have TCM and Bravo back viewable. Just in time for the new season of Top Chef.

No comments: