Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gas Price War Breaks Out In Fort Worth

Lucky me. My zone of Fort Worth, that being the eastside, has had a gas war break out down on Lancaster Avenue. As you can see from the photo it's under $3.

There are pumps on both sides of the Race Track gas store. Goofballs coming from the west were backed up onto the street, waiting their turn for relatively cheap gas.

Meanwhile on the east side of the store I drove right up to a pump and started pumping.

Awhile back Gar the Texan blogged about the absurdity of waiting in a long line to save a dime on a gallon of gas, as if your time had no value, nor did the gas you wasted waiting in line.

I suck at math and keep in mind I didn't wait in line. The cheapest I saw gas today, other than the gas war zone, was $3.19. So, I got it for a quarter cheaper than that. My tank holds 25 gallons. Okay, like I said, I suck at math. I need to get the calculator. I saved $6.25 over the $3.19 station. Plus I found a dime on the ground while I was pumping, which brings my total net gain to $6.35.

I was feeling so fortunate, as soon as I was done pumping, I called my mom in Phoenix with my regular gas report. She was also very happy to hear about the dime.

No comments: