Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Freezing in North Texas

It was 35 at midnight. 32 was the overnight low. I was not tempted to see if it was possible to get in the pool at these temperatures.

It was a bit cold in here early this morning. But I didn't feel like turning the furnace on. So, I put on a wool cap and layers of other things and bundled up like I was in Tacoma in summer.

About noon it'd thawed out enough and I'd warmed up enough and I'd sat at this computer long enough that I decided to go roller blading at Quanah Parker Park again.

You may remember, my one reader, that just 2 days ago I went roller blading at Quanah Parker Park and it was in the 80s and I was shirtless. Today I rollerbladed in sweatpants and wore my wool cap. And kept my shirt on, though I did take off an extra shirt by the time I started rolling, but I got a bit chilly in just a t-shirt.

It's supposed to get warm here in a couple days, again, but I think we've had a bad sample of an upcoming very cold winter.

No comments: