Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fort Worth Star-Telegram Endorses Obama

That's right. Sunday's Star-Telegram devoted one full page of its puny 2 page Editorial Section to explaining their rationale for endorsing Barack Obama to be our next President.

The Star-Telegram's line of reasoning seemed pretty reasonable to me. But their endorsement of Obama had no impact on my vote because I've already voted.

I don't remember if the Star-Telegram endorsed John Kerry or George W. in 2004. I wasn't here at the time. I was up in ultra-liberal Washington where it seemed a foregone conclusion that Kerry would win and where I saw many protests against George W., including in my old hometown of Mount Vernon where dozens stood on the street corners by the county courthouse, waving memorable signs. Let me go see if I can find a photo I took that day.

In Washington there is a sub-cult of phonetic spellers. I guess that explains "shud."

No comments: