Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fort Worth Gas Price War Spreads

One of my two favorite Chippys, the renowned Texas cowgirl booted Miss Lulu from Georgia commented regarding her annoyance at the fact that gas is practically being given away for free here in Fort Worth, while her zone of Georgia, that being the greater Atlanta metro zone, has been plagued with shortages and high prices.

Today, while heading towards Tandy Hills Park to do some investigative hiking trying to document the extent of the damage that Chesapeake Energy is doing to that rare urban ecosystem, I saw that the gas at the Tandy Hills neighorhood gas station had fallen to the lowest I've seen in awhile. $2.83.

Speaking of the Chippys, Lulu and Lauri, go to their blog and read all about the amusing adventures they had coming, being in and leaving Texas. They will be back in Texas in 6 months. If the border patrol lets them in.

Meanwhile, by tomorrow I suspect I'll find gas under $2.50.

No comments: