Wednesday, October 15, 2008

401 Keg Retirement Plan For The Bad Economy

Port Aransas's #1 Song Bird, Alma, sent me some amusing retirement advice this morning. This is likely old advice for a lot of people, but I'd not seen it before.

I think this is a plan I can get behind.....

If you had purchased $1,000.00 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago you would have $49.00 left.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all of the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

It's called the 401-Keg.

1 comment:

Lauri Evans said...

I'm loving the 401Keg, I'm gonna get me one of them......Lauri @ chippys