Monday, September 29, 2008

Sarah Palin Saved From Witches By African

Well. Another surprise from Sarah Palin that I thought couldn't be true when I first heard it. But then, in my defense, my skepticism was heightened by the way the person telling me this worded it.

As in "Sarah Palin had some African cast a spell on her to keep her safe from witches."

The real story isn't quite that ridiculous sounding. Quite.

Three 3 years ago, Sarah Palin was in her Wasilla church where a visiting Kenyan pastor prayed for her protection from "witchcraft" in her run for office.

A video of this is on Sarah Palin's church website. Of course, the video is now going viral on the Internet in various forms, one of which you can watch below. The video shows Ms. Palin standing in front of Bishop Thomas Muthee in the Wasilla Assembly of God church. She holds her hands open as the preacher asks Jesus Christ to keep her safe from "every form of witchcraft."

"Come on, talk to God about this woman. We declare, save her from Satan," Muthee prays as two other guys place their hands on her shoulders. "Make her way my God. Bring finances her way even for the campaign in the name of Jesus. Use her to turn this nation the other way around."

The anti-witchcraft ceremony took place October 16, 2005. Sarah Palin formally announced her bid for governor 2 days later.

The Assembly of God is a Pentacostal church. I need to look that up. Seems like I remember nutty and Pentacostal going together before.

No comments: