Saturday, September 27, 2008

My New Niece Evie

I've got a new niece named Evie.

Have I mentioned before that my little sister and little Kristin are foster parents? The first kids they took care of were named Abby and Emilie. Abby was under one year old. I forget how long they took care of Abby and Emilie, but it was a long time. And then the kids went to live with their grandparents in Colorado, where they continue to do well.

When I was up in Tacoma the Two Mommies got a call asking them if they could take a troubled boy under 10. At the time they had me in the house, my mom and dad and way too much raspberry canning going on. So, taking the boy was not doable. They already had way too much on their hands.

It amazes me that they are taking care of kids. It's a lot of work. And both my sister and Kristin already have stressful jobs.

They also run a very tidy house. And, unlike my other sister, they have no maid helping. Well, they did have me for a month. I did a lot of vaccuuming. And dish washing. To my impeccable standards.

They like a real peaceful, quiet house too, which further impresses me that they take on the responsibilty of taking care of a little kid. They have a tendency to cry and make noises.

My sister told me that Evie has gotten used to them and is happy all the time, like you see in the photo.

I forgot to mention, in addition to Evie, they also have two cute, high maintennance poodles, Blue and Max. The poodles currently have a minor medical issue involving allergies that has Max wearing one of those funny cone things around his neck. Poor Max. He's a funny poodle.

No comments: