Friday, September 12, 2008

Mount Rainier National Park

Yesterday I finally got around to webpaging my August 11 trip to Mount Rainier National Park where for the first time in my life, after many visits, I actually got to see The Mountain up close.

I'd blogged about this late last month after I got safely back here to Texas and had gotten around to making a video. That video and the blogging discusses my near death experience at Mount Rainier that day.

Go here to see yesterday's new webpage with new photos of Mount Rainier National Park.

Unlike here in Texas, when you are at Mount Rainier you don't have to worry about incoming hurricanes. You just need to concern yourself with possibly exploding volcanoes and know the Volcano Eruption Escape Routes. Make sure you don't escape to a saltwater beach. If a volcano erupts there could be an incoming Tsunami. If you are at a beach, make note of the Tsunami Escape Routes. You'll see the signs posted. Just like they are for the Volcano Eruption Escape Routes.

No comments: