Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lulu Is Heading To Texas

Along with Lauri. Two of my favorite Southern Belles are heading to Texas in less than 2 weeks. These two call themselves Chippys. I am not sure, but I think a Chippy is someone who takes something someone else might have not seen as art and the Chippy turns it into something purty.

The Chippys are going to be down in Round Top for this twice a year event that's something like the biggest in the world for those who collect antiques and cool stuff that people make.

Again, I'm not totally certain, but I think this Round Top thing has gotten so big it has had to spread to surrounding towns in order to contain all the collectibles that find their way to Central Texas. Here is a website with Round Top/Antique Weekend info.

Now, Lulu and Lauri have some appreciation of my skills in regards to these type shows. They have made an excellent case (Jalapeno Margaritas) as to why I should show up there. Today I looked at how far it is from here, a bit less than 300 miles. I've driven to Austin easily in one day, Round Top isn't much further than Austin.

What makes this trek to Round Top sound appealing to me, besides the Chippys, is it is going somewhere different for once. That and Lulu and Lauri have mentioned this Jalapeno Margarita thing that sounds intriquing to me.

When I first heard of a Jalapeno Margarita I thought the ladies were teasing. So, I Googled it. There is a lot of Jalapeno Margarita info. Including recipes, even one from Fort Worth's renowned cowboy chef, Tim Love.

Here's the simplified way to make a Jalapeno Margarita.....

No. I'm not gonna say have the Chippys make one for you. Here's the recipe....

Ingredients

1 jalapeño, poked with a knife
1 1/3 cups tequila
1 cup orange liqueur
1 cup fresh lime juice (10 limes)
3 tablespoons superfine sugar
Kosher salt and ice

Directions

1. In a jar, steep the jalapeño and tequila; keep at room temperature for 3 days.

2. Strain the tequila into a large pitcher and discard the jalapeño. Stir in the orange liqueur, lime juice and sugar.

3. Pour the salt and a small amount of the margarita onto 2 rimmed plates. Dip the rims of 6 glasses into the margarita, then into the salt. Fill each glass with ice, pour in the margarita and serve.

Cheers! And here's to hoping to see some Chippys soon, down further south in the Round Top zone.

2 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbEEEEEEEEEEEE
we love you Durango...
oxoxox lulu & lauri

Lauri Evans said...

Oh you are just a sweetie to blog about us. And we are hoping you are going to make your way down to the show to see us. Preferably before it gets to dark and we are knee walkin drunk.....We can't wait.....Lauri @ Chippys