Monday, September 8, 2008

Going to a Funeral

This morning I was floating in water, contemplating my present moment. As I pondered, I realized I'd been relieved of a tiresome burden of late that I had not realized was so tiresome til I was relieved of it.

It's like I've gotten an extra 30 minutes or more a day due to not being stuck on the phone with what I now realize was a noxious pest.

I was channel chasing last night and at one point on some channel I heard the cliche, "you're dead to me."

That made me think that there are points in ones life when you know there is no way you'll ever see some individual again, that they are basically dead to you. So, I'm thinking in such a case one should hold ones own little private funeral and sort of mentally bury the person, mourn the loss and move on.

R.I.P.

3 comments:

Lauri Evans said...

Personally, I've held one or two of those in my life. It really does work.
My condolences
ox lulu

Anonymous said...

Muriel...You're terrible...

Anonymous said...

BURIAL OR CREMATION>>. HMM.... THAT OPENS UP A WORLD OF THOUGHTS HUH!-