Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Obama Smoking Again

This morning I was peacefully pedaling my bike on the River Legacy Mountain Bike Trail, listening to Rush Limbaugh til my batteries wore out. But before that happened I learned that Barack Obama is back smoking again. Cigarettes.

Apparently people have been noticing him smelling of the nasty weed on the campaign trail. Today Obama told reporters in St. Louis that he's fallen off the wagon and smoked in the past months.

Obama had become a Nicorette chewer when he gave up the coffin nails after promising his wife he would do so if he ran for President. What with needing to set a good example, among other reasons.

Apparently, prior to quitting Obama had been a very heavy smoker. It is hard giving up an addiction. I'm addicted to coffee in the morning. I've tried to give it up. But then I get coffee withdrawals. So, I remain an addict. There is no Nicorette type thing for coffee addicts, as far as I know. Just de-caf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try joining CAA. Coffee Addicts Anonymous has saved my life.