Sunday, June 15, 2008

Barnett Shale Drilling at the Fort Worth Stockyards

Last Sunday I blogged about biking the Trinity Trail past the Fort Worth Stockyards and being surprised to see a Barnett Shale Gas Drilling Rig so close to both the Trinity Trail and the Fort Worth Stockyards.

I've recovered from last week's sunburn, so today I decided to ride the Trinity Trail again and take my camera along.

That is the old Armor-Swift meat packing plant in the background. I call this the Stockyards Ruins. The FOX TV show, Prison Break, uses it as a prison set in Panama.

The official name of the Stockyards is Fort Worth Stockyards National Historical District. I wonder if this is the only National Historical District in America with a gas drilling rig?

1 comment:

TXsharon said...

What a tragedy! Just sickening.