Friday, May 16, 2008

Ellen and Portia Getting Married in California

I mentioned yesterday that California had joined Texas in allowing same sex marriages. The Texas method is very informal. But in California you can now do the whole Big Wedding thing with a license and all the trimmings.

So, rumor has it that longtime Funny Girl Ellen DeGeneres and longtime Pretty Girl Portia de Rossi apparently became engaged during the Friday taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

As some of you know, I spent some time as a lesbian back in 2000. It was a happy time. During my time as a woman I never met anyone I wanted to get married to though, certainly no one as cute as Ellen and Portia, Portia especially. I remember when she showed up as the HOT new girl on Ally McBeal.

I wonder if these new type celebrity marriages are going to be fodder for some new reality shows? I imagine VH1 is exploring the possibilities even as I type. MTV already had a Bachelor type lesbian find a mate show called A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila. Now, a fresh Shot at Love could end in marriage. On the Tila Tequila show it could end in a conventional wedding because Tila swung 2 ways. Half her possible mates were guys, half were girls.

It was a very tasteful show. Tila's been in Penthouse and hosted a show called Pants-Off Dance-Off. I did not see that one. Nor do I think I care to.

Tila Tequila was raised in Houston. That's in Texas. I don't recollect the Fort Worth Star-Telegram pointing that out over and over again. They must have been ashamed by that particular local connection.

No comments: