Thursday, May 15, 2008

American Idol Final Two

Currently, of my thousands of readers, 69% want me to continue bashing the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, while 61% want me to complain more about TV. Today I'm going to combine the two.

Last night got down to the final two on America's #1 TV show, that being American Idol. The pre-season hype had it that this year's talent was the best ever. But, for me, week by week those left just kept seeming smaller and smaller and weaker and weaker.

By the end it was down to 2 guys and a girl.

The girl had a tendency to shriek, but she did know how to work a stage. I don't remember how to spell the last girl's first name. It starts with an 's' and sounds something like Sigh-eesh-ya. I think the last name is Mercado.

One of the guy's has been pimped to win from the start, that being this really little 17 year old from Utah named David Archeletta. I started off liking him okay, but by the end his shtick had grown old. Apparently he had daddy issues with his dad getting banned from backstage due to causing problems for the little guy. Early on David A. had a tendency to lick his lips while singing that was very Bill Clintonesque. Somehow his trainers got him to stop doing that.

The other guy is also named David. Last name Cook. When I first saw him he reminded me of one of my runty homely cousins. A couple months ago I asked my sister if David Cook reminded her of anyone. She said, yeah, our runty homely cousin (I'm leaving off the name so as to not cause yet one more family feud).

One of the things that can be interesting to see on American Idol is when they make someone over. Like when they turned Clay Aiken from looking like a nerd to not looking so much like a nerd. He was still a nerd though. This year the Mercado girl got greatly made over. And so did the one who used to look like my runty homely cousin. He doesn't look like my runty homely cousin anymore.

This will be my last season of watching American Idol. The amusement/entertainment factor ain't there anymore. I've also bailed on Dancing with the Stars. Also, no more Desperate Housewives. It had grown tiresome and not funny. LOST I watch on the computer because it's in HD and only 42 minutes long without the commercials. I don't even watch The Simpsons anymore. That used to be my favorite. Maybe I am losing my sense of humor. Or I've developed AADD.

Oh. One more thing. At the top I said this would be a combined TV and Bash the Star-Telegram missive. On to the Star-Telegram. And this is also TV related. On the TV page, in the Channel Surfing column we are given yet again the all important how is Texas connected to a show info.

This time it's "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire: Root for the home team as Fort Worth's Kyle Knelp, a University of Texas at Arlington senior, goes for the big money."

I can't wait til tonight so I can do some rooting for the home team.

No comments: