Saturday, March 8, 2008

Electronic Bad Wiring

I grow tired of all the complications I encounter with all these new devices that are/were supposed to make our lives simpler and easier. Of late it's been one aggravation after another. All electronically related.

One aggravation is cell phones. Currently Lulu in Tacoma is cut off from the world due to her third cell phone in 2 weeks ceasing to work. When she does have a cell phone that can make a call those calls are very unreliable. As in at any point in a call, 2 seconds in or 20 minutes in there can be this annoying boop boop noise and then the disconnect. Or the latest variation is I can hear Lulu saying are you there are you there with me replying yes over and over again. And then the disconnect.

A couple weeks ago my durangotexas.com website was taken over by the Ebay home page. Before that all my websites had their index pages altered with javascript that caused a pop up window that opened a Vietnamese music website.

The past few days I've been having email problems. As in trouble sending. And then yesterday that woe escalated when I was also not able to receive email. I submitted a support ticket. But as the hours passed I got more annoyed. I knew if they were having a serious issue calling the toll free number would put me in a long line. So, I did their live chat thing. I don't know why it is called that because you aren't chatting, you're typing.

It only took about 5 minutes before Alexander Gudonov in my webhost's bizarre Ukrainian call center asked how he could help. I asked if they were having an email problem. He said yes there had been a problem. I asked when would it be fixed. He said it was already fixed. I clicked on my email and saw that he was right, it was fixed.

And then this morning I'm once more having trouble sending email. I was about to do the live chat thing again when it started working again.

Yesterday the Google AdSense ads were acting up for awhile. As in they would not load. This would cause the page load to keep going and going. Logging into the AdSense account didn't work either. But this problem did not last long.

And then this morning I found out that this Feedjit thing I use to put Live Traffic info on some of my websites, like this very blog, stopped working. I went to the Feedjit website and learned they'd done some maintenance thing overnight that they said was successful. If by successful they mean it no longer works, I guess they are right. I'm assuming this is going to start working again.

I'm done whining now. It wasn't therapeutic.

UPDATE: After I posted the Blog above I then started having problems with the Blogger website! As in if you tried to go to a Blog you got a message that there was a server error. If I tried to log in to the Blog all sorts of odd things happened. Now, several hours later, everything seems to be working again. Well, everything I've checked on, I forgot to mention that Google AdSense also went screwy with a message in many languages saying there was a problem. I'll go see if that's fixed as soon as I'm done with this.

No comments: