Thursday, January 10, 2008

Random Babbling

I'm in the mood for some therapeutic venting via clacking away at my keyboard. I've no idea why I'm in need of this therapy, maybe it's because it is just sort of relaxing to type without putting a lot of thinking into it. My basic mindset for writing this blog stuff is that I'm sending an email to an imaginary friend who never talks back. I guess some talk back could occur via the 'comment' option, but so far I've been blessedly free of any comments via that venue, though I have had an email or two due to the cross pollination between this blog and my Eyes on Texas website with people using that website's feedback@ email address. I've changed the settings on the blog's comment thing to allow anyone to comment without needing to set up a Google account.

Speaking of imaginary friends, Lulu was in high form today. She called me this morning and our phones did that bloop bloop thing I complained about in an earlier blog. The calls got dropped 5 or 6 times. Then an hour ago or so I got an urgent email from Lulu saying only "d-i can't figure out how to do this." What she could not figure out I had no idea. She had attached 18 images, each only slightly different from the previous. So, I called Lulu to ask what she was trying to figure out. She couldn't remember how she added a logo image to her blog. She wanted to change it. So, I changed it for her. It's that picture you see here of Little Lulu balancing on a stick. I don't know what it means or why she is speaking French. Lulu does not speak French. She does claim to be of French ancestry as a way, I think, of explaining her excessive butter consumption. Now, Lulu has had her blog since last month and she has managed to do 2 posts. She seems to spend the majority of her blog time fussing over that one image and her blue color scheme which she claims is very trendy right now in Tacoma. Likely trendy because they have had so many days of gray that they forget what blue sky looks like. (Update: As of today, January 11, 2008, it appears Lulu has now removed the Little Lulu Logo. We do not know if this means yet one more version of the Little Lulu Logo is forthcoming or what. We can report that Lulu still has not added a new post. And it remains overcast in Tacoma.)

I got up real early today. It feels real productive to get up real early. But then I end up being real tired real early, so I don't know if it doesn't end up being counter productive in the end. While I was feeling full of energy and still firing on all cylinders I added this cool Live Traffic Feed widget thing to my Eyes on Texas website and the blogs. This thing tells you who is on the website or blog and where they came from, like right now I'm looking at the Live Traffic Feed for this very blog and I see there is someone from Los Angeles, Cleveland, Seattle, Tonasket (WA) and Bedford (TX) on the blog. The Traffic Feed for the Eyes on Texas website has a lot of action. I knew it gets a lot of visitors from looking at the webstats, but I've never had info as to where people were coming from and which page they were looking at, like right now I refreshed the Eyes on Texas home page and there are people from Nashville, Memphis, Utica, NY, Murrysville, PA, Durham, CA, Richmond, VA and several locations in Texas looking at Downtown Fort Worth, the Rattlesnake Roundup, the Dallas Cowboy Stadium Scandal and others. What use this info is to me is currently a mystery, as is how this info is gleaned.

I cooked a chicken this morning. Before I shoved it in the oven I had the brilliant idea of Googling to see if I could find the secret 11 spices that make KFC's original recipe taste so finger licking good. I don't know how accurate the info was but I had several of the secret spices. Now the real method involved mixing the spices with flour, dipping the chicken pieces in egg then flour then deep fry it. Well, I don't know how to deep fry anything, all I do is pull off the skin and stick the bird in the oven til it is good and done. So, I sprinkled what I had of the 11 secret spices---paprika, garlic salt, oregano, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper and ginger. I did not have thyme, parsley or onion salt. What I can tell you is my chicken, when finished, bore absolutely no resemblance to anything that ever came from Kentucky Fried Chicken. It may not have been finger licking good, but it was good for you with way less fat than the colonel's chicken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teresa of Canada here, I stumbled on your Blog.
I worked for KFC when I was in highschool. Did you know that KFC marinates their chicken first? Try marinating it in Italian dressing for several hours then thicken up some buttermilk with flour...just a little bit thick so it coats the chicken. Then, get yourself some shake-n-Bake...pour it into a one cup measure and add half flour half seasoned bread crumbs with a teaspoon of salt to equil one cup. Coat your little Avian foul in this. The secret is in the deep frying[sorry]. They have pressurized deep fryers but this is the closest as you can get. Oh ya, adjust the salt more, KFC uses a lot of sodium, I don't.
Hope it helps!
Regards, Teresa.